søndag den 11. september 2011

The campus of McMaster University!


Here are some pictures of the place I am studying.


Some of the old buildings of the university. McMaster University is an excellent mixture of old and new buildings!


The gym!!


I think it's pretty cool that we can play squash here!! Unfortunately you cannot take pictures of the 'The Pulse', which is the actual gym where the weights are, and where I will be spending a lot of time!! Oh yeah! Fun fact: There is a dress code for entering the gym! You cannot wear 'wife-beaters' (what we call a tank-top back in Denmark) You have to wear sports shoes, sporty shorts and a t-shirt. NOT very convenient when you have a whole bag full of 'wife-beaters' with you for the gym.


Here is the department of DeGroot School of Business. I will have most of my courses here.


The is the science department. It doesn't really make any sense, but I will have some of my classes here as well. It is very common that you have classes in all kind of different departments.


This is the Ron Joyce Stadium on a game day!


There is a children's hospital on campus. Yeah, that is probably why McMaster University is well known for its medicine department and health sciences in general. The facilities are pretty good.


... and of course we have a Tim Hortons inside the campus.

Tim Hortons is a very Canadian phenomenon. It is a coffee shop where you can get breakfast or a snack on the run. As far as I have been told, Tim Hortons was a baseball player from Hamilton in fact. He opened the first Tim Hortons when he was on top of his career. Sadly, he died (of reasons that I don't remember right now), short time after he started the shop. His wife took over and sold it to Ron Joyce, who made millions of dollars with that business. The stadium at campus is called after Ron Joyce, because he donated a lot of money to its construction. Today, you will find Tim Hortons EVERYWHERE in Hamilton and in Canada in general. It is hotter than McDonalds or any other international chain here.

1 kommentar:

  1. Tim Horton was actually a hockey player, and I don't think he was from Hamilton. He died in a car crash. I think you've got the rest of the story correct though. How do you like the donuts? ;-)

    ..I found your blog through the ASB International Facebook page. I'm from Toronto and going to be at ASB for the Winter 2012 semester.

    SvarSlet